GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

My name is ***** ***** the side step on a 2013 Denali

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** the side step on a 2013 Denali stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Open a door to get in the vehicle and the side step did not deploy Could not fins anything in the user manual find

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
1/28/2016
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect and make sure the dome lights are turning on when the door is opened.If they are not working as well when the door is opened this can indicate a fault with the drivers door latch itself in some cases as I have seen and had to replace before.I would have the door latch open/close signals checked with a scan tool to see if the latch itself needs replaced.If the dome lights are coming on with the door opened let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete