GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

, have a 2008 acadia, i was driving it and it just free

Customer Question
Customer: hi JA: Thanks. Can...
Customer: hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: have a 2008 acadia, i was driving it and it just free wheels on me i pull the transmission and i replace th wave plate and clutch set(etc) and still doing the same think
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GMC Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
1/26/2016
GMC Mechanic: Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

Hi there, I am cam. Sorry to hear about this issue.
Did you have the wave plate done under warranty or the special policy?
Do you have any gears or speeds? Reverse? Manual low?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hey cam

Hi. Did GM do the transmission under the special policy?

What exactly was done to it? Transmission removed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it moves for like 30 feet and start making noises it sounds like the power steering pump needs fluid
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wy you keep charging money??????
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you call me
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i just pay $18 dolars and now you want 18 dolars mor to talk on the phone, are you gonna help or not,

First off, experts are third party to the website and only see what you see on this page. I have no control over money or what you are billed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hellow

The site has the phone call as an added service and does cost more as it incurred costs on my end so its not free.

and yes I am going to help you. I do need you to answer the questions I asked so I can help you. I need to know how deep the repair was, was the transmission removed, what parts replaced, what were damaged, and I am trying as well to establish if this is under the terms of the policy and you did not need to pay at all for the repair to the transmission.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we pull the transmission out, i told you that we reaplace the wave plate it mean that the transmission its been repair but some thing its not right

Ok, was the wave plate dammed, cracked? Did you change out anything more than the wave plate?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i change the wave plate and all the clutch set and plates, we did it like the video say
my son give me a video about rebiulding this transmission
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the wave plate was dammage

Ok, did you replace any seals in the pistons? Clean any valve body parts?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
everything but the valve body
i didnt move the valve body

OK, did you air check any of the pistons and seals after replacing it?

Did you do any resets on the computer and learn the new clutch fill capacities?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no i didnt do any of that
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have a small auto repair shop

Ok, This may be an issue. These are done with a scanner. and with that, we will need to perform a clutch test to see if all are working or if they slip. This requires a full scan tool.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a Modis Scanner and like I say i have small auto repair shop
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
get back to me ASPS thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hellow wat happen were did you go

Sorry, I still need to know what gears you have. DO you have reverse? Any manual gears?

Any codes.

IS this the first time you have been in one of these transmissions?

What tools did you use for the install of the piston seals?

Did you air check any of the pistons after and if so, what Psi did you have the air at?

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic