Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

MY ABS LIGHT IS ON, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM
, THE ONLY

Customer Question

Customer: MY ABS LIGHT IS ON, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: THE ONLY DETAILS I HAVE IS THAT I HAD THE PARTS STORE CHECK THE CODES AND IT CAME BACK WITH C0298, C0265, MY VEHICLE IS A 2003 GMC YUKON 5.3 LITER ENGINE
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GMC Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

It would be hard to say for sure what the problem(s) are. However, the C0265 had a service bulletin for the EBCM ground, (G110). Which may also be what set the C0298, ( PCM has lost the ability to reduce engine torque.)

.

If you give me your email address, I can get the test instructions for both, including the bulletin, and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need any help with it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YOU PEOPLE SOUND LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO TAKE ALL MY MONEY, I CAN GO TO THE GMC DEALER FOR LESS
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I do apologize, although we are not allowed to discuss money with customers, please let us know if you need anything in the future. Best of luck with the dealership and thank you for using the site.