GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

In my 2010 gmc acadia I lost all power I put my key in to…

Customer Question
In my 2010 gmc...

In my 2010 gmc acadia I lost all power I put my key in to start it and nothing and my key wont come out cant even jump it it as no power to anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Ok I went out to use my keyless to unlock my car and it would not work so I used the key to unlock it well the alarm didn't go off so I put my key in to start it and there was nothing no power to anything then trying to jump it and it has nothing and my key wont come out at all

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
1/24/2016
GMC Mechanic: t-fran21, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
t-fran21
t-fran21, ASE Certified Technician

First make sure all fuses are good. If so, make sure the horn can blow strong, it it can't blow get boost with jumper cables, if it still want blow reply back. If all that's ok see if the headlights will turn on with the key off, if they don't then more than likely you have a bad body control module. If they do turn on you will need a scantool to finish diagnosis or please accept a live phone cal so I discuss more in detail. Please give a positive rating. Thanks