Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

I have 2015 GMC denali. When I pull my trailer I keep

Customer Question

I have 2015 GMC denali. When I pull my trailer I keep getting warning that trailer is disconnected. When my step son pulls it it also happens ( his pick up is a 2015 high country)
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. You have an intermittent open circuit in the trailer's electric brake circuit somewhere between the trailer connector and the trailer brakes themselves. I doubt both trucks have an issue. It is the trailer wiring causing this. Have a RV shop or trailer repair shop check the connector and wiring for the brakes. I am 98% sure that is the problem.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

You see the truck's Integrated Trailer Brake controller can sense when there is an open circuit or no load in the trailer's wiring harness. Something is wrong with the trailer brake circuit in the trailer. I hope that makes sense.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris