GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

Light with engine and a locked lock comes on when we try to

Customer Question
start the Yukon. 100%...
Light with engine and a locked lock comes on when we try to start the Yukon. 100% battery. This non starting is intermittent.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
1/14/2016
GMC Mechanic: Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

Hi there, I am Cam. I am sorry to hear the issue.

With your yukon, after you do try to start, does the lock icon flash?
I would like you to try a theft relearn.

Turn the key on and attempt to start the car, It may crank, it may start and stall or it may do nothing at all, this is fine, still cycle the key to start then release the key back to run.
Wait 10 minutes with the key in run. The passlock light should be flashing and the DIC will say "Service Vehicle" or "Security" or have a picture of a car with a lock during that 10 minute span.
After 10 minutes has passed, turn off the car, count to 10, and try to start it again and release the key back to run.
Wait another 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, turn car off 10 seconds and try to start again and release the key to run.
Wait another 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, turn car off 10 seconds and try to start again.
It should start up this time. The passlock has been learned.

During this process, turn the fans off, radio off and cycle the headlights off so the battery will not go dead. If needed, use a battery charger.

Can you let me know what happens with this.

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic