Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

My car is miss-firing but when I go to read the codes it

Customer Question

Hello my car is miss-firing but when I go to read the codes it says that the cars internal check system has not finished it's smog check, but I cannot drive it so how do I get the car to finish the check if I can't drive the car. Because the car normally finishes it's check after driving for a while
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically my question is how do you get the codes off my car if the car diagnostics are not done yet and I can no longer drive the car
Expert:  John Bryant replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** for posting your question to Just Answer. I am an ASE Certified Auto Technician with 45 years of real world experience in dealerships and the aftermarket. I was the owner of a facility for 20 of those years. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution. I will also make every effort to give you all of the information you may need with the expectation you will give me a positive rating. Please be aware that I am usually working with a few people at a time so it may take a few minutes to respond.