Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

AMEDDE--------
, I would like to have an clue how to

Customer Question

Customer: AMEDDE--------
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I would like to have an clue how to fix a problem with my gmc Sonoma 2003 it crancks but do not run fuel rlay do noat activate and not spark on cables set jumpers on fuel relay fuel pump runs buli52 psi pressure
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to GMC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I aggre to pay untl fixed
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to have an clue how to fix a problem with my gmc Sonoma 2003 it crancks but do not run fuel relay do not activate and not spark on cables set jumper on fuel relay, fuel pump runs build 52 psi pressure but still do not have any sparks on cables
as resume no fuel pressure no spark -------
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical with?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete-------
yes we have a volt meter an useful mechanic tools
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,remove the fuel pump relay keeping in mind which direction it is installed.When it is removed you will see four terminals that the relay plugged into.Test the terminals as posted below for the signals indicated and let me know what you come up with so we can continue.

Test one terminal for battery voltage (at or near 12 volts) at all times key on or off

Test one terminal for battery voltage with key switched on the first 2 seconds or when cranking over the engine

Test one terminal for ground at all times key on or off

Let me know what you come up with here when your ready.

Thanks Pete