Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

06 Hummer, keyless entry only works from inside or right

Customer Question

06 Hummer, keyless entry only works from inside or right next to vehicle, also serv TPM warning on, could this be related? radio interference with Wireless control module?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

The 2 issues are likely not related. I assume it is cold where you are and when its cold the tire pressure decreases. Have you checked to see if a tire is in fact low? Have you changed the battery in your remote key fob?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
took to dealer today to have new remotes programmed this was result. no actually tpm light has been on for over a year, new tires recently and tire dealer said sensors looked good, problem most likely with TPM, but remotes to keyless entry quit working a couple month ago, and went to dealer today.. remotes are new with new batteries. didn't know if both systems worked off of RF signals if something could be causing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not cold at all, seasonably warmer than usual

Thanks, ***** ***** the dealer did they retrain the tire sensors. Tire sensors are easily damaged when replacing tires and the batteries in the sensors do fail. We need to know if they are all reading and or will train as the first diag step there.

For the new fobs signal distance to short. I first off need to know if this is a H1-2-3?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No didn't address TPM at dealer just fobs was thinking maybe related afterwards when got home and fobs only work from inside and directly beside vehicle it is an H3

For the remote distance issue that is a faulty antennae inside the BCM, meaning a new BCM is needed. The BCM also controls the TPMS. Have you tried the sensor position relearn steps in the owners manual?

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris