Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon,
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

2003 gmc yukon battery died recently. was able to jump and

Customer Question

2003 gmc yukon battery died recently. was able to jump and get it to start and charge. not sure if related, but the heater/ac unit will not turn on now. i have checked the fuses in the cab and under the hood and all appear to be fine. any suggestions on where to go next?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for the question. On the chance they are related. I would like you to remove both battery cables, rub them together then clamp them together so the contacts touch each other while in that position cycle your key through all positions, then back to off and now hook up both cables, positive first. The reason for this is to completely drain all the capacitors in your modules, to make sure we dont have a logic lock, this happens alot when a battery goes completely dead. Low voltage codes will cause certain modules to shut down, it is by design of the software. They do this incase of a voltage problem your vehicle can get you as far as possible by shutting down certain systems and number one on the list is AC. So lets do that first

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then shall I try to start and turn the heater on?

Yes sir and i believe you will be good to go, can you do this now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did it. Never would have thought about a code lock out. Would have thought. Curious I couldn't find it online. Nonetheless, thank you.

Actually sir no you want find it anywhere, I am cross trained in IT repair and also am heavy in programming. I learned this while studying the software. Remember that trick it works on all cars and for many problems. Glad I could help. If you are happy kindly give a positive rating. And have a happy new year

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure thing. Thank you.

Thank you

thanks you