GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

Gmc terrain 2015, key is stuck in ignition. cannot remove

Customer Question
key...
gmc terrain 2015, key is stuck in ignition. cannot remove key
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
12/28/2015
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing to check is to see if this is due to a weak or dad battery.Try to install a battery charger to the battery or jumper cables to the vehicle and see if the key removes then.If this does not work make sure the shifter is shifted into park and try shifting out of park and back into park and see if it turns off and removes then.Let me know if this does anything here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, GMC Mechanic