GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

My name is ***** *****, it is regarding 2002 GMC Envoy

Customer Question
Customer: My name is *****...
Customer: My name is ***** *****, it is regarding 2002 GMC Envoy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My bottom to two sterring wheel button are not working, only the bottom two. and all lights are not working I wondering if this related Just a fuse? or do I need to replace both swithces
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to GM Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Thats fine, but what is generally $32?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/24/2015
GMC Mechanic: Toolhut, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Toolhut
Toolhut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

Do you have access to a scan tool with BODY DATA? That is the only way to properly diagnose.

It is likely you need both switches.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry I was busy for the holidays, I do not have a Body Data tool. I might be able to have access to one though.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a fuse for the steering wheel lights? if so what else is does it supply power to?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also if this help in the diagnoses, the switches used to work "sometimes." I could not find the variable that stop causing them to work. I also what to rule out the possibility of the clock spring needing to be replaced. I am assuming sense the Top steering wheel buttons are functioning, and there is no air bag problems, the clock spring should be fine. Is this a correct assumption? Also, Happy Holidays I hope you had a good break, I should have said that first.

There is a fuse under left rear seat the NCA fuse it is a 2 amp fuse

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does the fuses power any other things? or jsut the steering wheel lights? does it also provide power to the switches them selves? I would assume so... I thing the switches have a LED bulb on the circuit board

By the looks of the service information it powers the lights only

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all. You still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Toolhut
Toolhut
Toolhut, ASE Certified Technician