GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

How to remove heat vent modulator to replace heater core

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dash is removed and so is blower resistance
12/13/2015
GMC Mechanic: Randall, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, not quite sure what you mean by vent modulator, to start, I need the year of the truck

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
98 heat ventalater modulated it is the vents wrapped around heater core

ok, what you are at is you have to remove the whole HVAC unit fro the firewall now that dash is out,. You cant do the core with the case still bolted in, Too hard to explain each step, but some work is done through the inner wheel house and some bolts inside, Once you have unhooked bolts, coolant lines , ac etc, then you can pull the HVAC case and get to the heater core, I have attached 2 links, one for the core itself AFTER the case is out and the other is how to remove the HVAC case

link

still trying to send

Randall
Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician