GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

My keyless entry wont work so when ulocked with the key the

Customer Question
alarm goes off and wont...
my keyless entry wont work so when ulocked with the key the alarm goes off and wont let me start the truck
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
12/6/2015
GMC Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

I am sorry for the long wait

this is the stock key less entry system in this truck and stock remotes that came with the truck ?

and BOTH remotes will not work ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is correct I only have one remote when I unlock the door with the key and put it in the ignition and try to start the truck before the 10 seconds is up nothing happens and the alarm system is still blowing the horn

so the truck will not physically crank over at all ?

this truck has 2 theft systems so to say

one does not allow the truck to start up it will crank over physically and not fire up

and the other will blink the lights and beep the horn but should still physically crank over the engine and start up

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Won't crank at all motor does not turn

this sounds like we have more of an issue than the remote not working

if you connect jumper cables or remove and have the battery tested for volts and for cold cranking amps and for bad cells will the battery test out good for those things ?

did this problem happen out of the blue one day ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The anti theft system is locking everything out yes it just happened out of the blue

no matter which theft system is activated that engine should still physically crank over

if that battery tests good can you put your fingers on the relay called STARTER in the under hood fuse box and do you feel that relay click with your fingers every time the key is held to the crank position ?

if not this issue is going to come down to a bad BCM which activates the horn and the blinking lights in that 1 theft mode and gets the signal from the ignition switch that you are trying to crank the engine and then will tell the ECM to activate the starter relay

again neither theft system should stop this engine from physically cranking over

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no radio functions and cannot unlock the doors with the door switch and no response from the blue onstar button
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pass lock maybe?

all of those things are controlled by the BCM

can you remove and have the battery tested ?

pass lock will only shut off the fuel injectors it will NOT stop the engine from physically cranking over

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the bcm located

it is located as seen here

but if replaced it must be programmed with a programming scan tool and the programming from a computer into the scan tool to your trucks VIN number

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here

how are you making out ?

Gary
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician