VLADGMRU
VLADGMRU, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

Whar is the vssb on a 1989 taho

Customer Question

whar is the vssb on a 1989 taho
Category: GMC
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

the vss is located on the tailshaft of the transmission[if aa***** on the tailshaft of the transfer case [if it is*****

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that answer was not right I was looking for the vehicle speed sensor buffer location not the vehicle speed sensor
Expert:  VLADGMRU replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am another expert and my name is Vlad.

Could you please confirm your question is for a 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe?

Please reply back and we will continue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1998 Chevy Tahoe*****4l60e transmission vehicle speed sensor buffer location
Expert:  VLADGMRU replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** Tahoe does not use vehicle speed sensor buffer anymore. The Vehicle Speed Sensor is connected /hardwired to the Vehicle Control Module ( Engine and transmission computer/control module) that is located under the hood near the fuse box. The Vehicle control module "shares" speed information with the instrument panel cluster and other electronic modules in your car. If you speedometer does not work, then next step would be to check your vehicle with a scan tool to make sure the VCM receives VSS input. Hope that helps. Thanks

Expert:  VLADGMRU replied 1 year ago.

If you need more assistance please reply back. If you you are happy with my services so far, please rate it positive so I can get paid. Will check this page tomorrow as it is late night here in Australia. Thanks,Vlad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you that's the information that I was looking for I found a problem and have a busted wire on the vehicle speed sensor at the transfer case it was not getting a signal to the EC him I bought a pic tell at Napa fixin to install it thank you
Expert:  VLADGMRU replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am happy to hear that information helped you to find and fix the issue.

Could you please rate my answer positive so that I can get credit for my time and effort? This is the only way experts get paid from the deposit you have already made.

Thanks again, Vlad

Expert:  VLADGMRU replied 1 year ago.

Hi Patrick, could you please rate my answer so that we can close this thread?

Thanks,

Vlad