GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

I have a gmc terrain 2011 that has referance sinsor that

Customer Question
hello i have a gmc...
hello i have a gmc terrain 2011 that has referance sinsor that cause the engine light to come on also this may be helpful resonlly had a dinose and they found the radio had gone badwhich i have another to be install on saturday could you give me some of your wisdom thanks henry
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
12/2/2015
GMC Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** you know what diagnostic codes your getting? After installing radio it will be locked and you will need dealership to program new vin into radio.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks i dont have codes that was real help ful how far do you think the gmc could travel with out breaking down on hightway

Does vehicle seem to run fine now? Do you notice any performance related problems or any problems at all besides check engine light?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
asolute not oil changes often not a miss that i can tell radio come on go off then push button to turn off it comes back on thanks

The check engine light can come on for many reasons, many of them only emission related. If vehicle still runs fine then you should be fine to drive without worrying about breaking down but that does not mean forget about the problem, it just means you can continue to drive until it is fixed. You can have diagnostic codes checked at your local parts store for free, write them down, and reply to this answer at any time without additional fees so I think that is the best first step. With codes I can give you possible/common problems, testing/repair instructions, and costs. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
know sir thank you

No problem, make sure to let me know what codes are when you get a chance. Thanks again and have a great day!

Dan, Technician