GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

I have a 2007 Yukon Denali XL. After I drive around a while

Customer Question
the wiper and washer start...
I have a 2007 Yukon Denali XL. After I drive around a while the wiper and washer start running and I cannot turn them off. I have to pull the fuse for both the wiper and washer. If I pull the wiper fuse only, the washer will continue squirting non-stop until the washer tank is empty and will continue pumping dry until I pull the fuse. Turning the switch for the wiper and/or the washer on and off does not help or change anything. If I turn off the engine, SOMETIMES, it will stop running for only a short while but then it's back to its old tricks. When left off overnight, all is okay the next day, for an hour or two. My local mechanic replaced the wiper motor assembly/module and all was okay for a few months and then it started doing the same thing all over again. My local mechanic said it was probably defective and replaced it again at no charge. All was okay again but only for about a week to ten days and started all over again. Needless to say it's really starting to get me p_ _ _ ed off! I marked the fuse diagram with a marks-a-lot so I can easily spot them when I need to pull them.
Please help.
Thanks.
Phil.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GMC
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2015
GMC Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** problem usually is the wiper motor/module but since that has been replaced and didn't help that leaves possible problems as the wiper switch or body control module. The wiper switch sends signal to the body control module then the body control modules activates relays which control the wiper motor/module. Next step is to unplug wiper switch to see if problem stops, if so replace. If not then replace the body control module. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will print your answer and give it to my local mechanic that has been working on it and we'll see what happens.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ya know, there is the problem I mentioned with the washer too.
When the wiper starts so does the washer. And they are on separate fuses. I have to pull both fuses to stop both issues.
Please respond.
Sincerely,
Phil.

The relays are fuse controlled but the body control module activates the relays and the body control module gets signal from switch. Here is a wire diagram to help show you how system works. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ork93gnvj981n1c/8uv1701144a.png?dl=0

-

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will get with my local mechanic and see what happens.Thanks.Phil.

No problem, keep me updated. Thanks again and have a good night.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Copy that.
Phil.

Thanks, ***** ***** you later.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Dan,
I am looking forward to giving an excellent rating for your service but I would like to first have my mechanic apply your answers to my problem. This may take a week or more and another week or more to see if the problem returns. $18 is not a lot of money but I would like to at least see if your answer is the solution.
Please continue sending robo reminder notices to me so that I will not forget about this.
Sincerely,
Phil Ferrara.

That is fine. The website sends the automatic reminders not me. Keep me updated, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Copy that.

I need to be the last person to reply also or it shows someone is waiting for me. Have a good night.

Dan, Technician