Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience:  25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.
62741268

The spirometer is not wor... please help I have a pick truck

Customer Question

the spirometer is not wor... please help I have a pick truck 2005 G M C Cierra 1500
Category: GMC
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified automotive professional with over 25 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

This most likely caused by a bad VSS (vehicle speed sensor). The VSS wiring may also cause the issue, if the wiring coating is off anywhere on the harness and the wires touch it will cause the Speedometer to not work. Check the wiring near the VSS in the tail housing of the Transmission. The VSS is located at the tail of the transmission. It will be roughly about where the bed meets the cab. Where the driveshaft plugs into the transmission is the "tail" of the transmission. If the wiring is good then replace the VSS.

Removal>

• Raise and suitably support the vehicle.
  • Disconnect the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) electrical connector
  • Remove the VSS bolt.
  • Remove the VSS.
  • Remove the O-ring seal
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!