GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

My drivers seat in my 03 Tahoe is jammed forward and I can't

Customer Question
get it to move. Can...
My drivers seat in my 03 Tahoe is jammed forward and I can't get it to move. Can I disconnect wiring and move it manually
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
10/21/2015
GMC Mechanic: Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

Hi there, I am Cam. Sorry to hear about this issue. Can you tell me if any of the other seat functions work in the seat?

the seat will tilt backwards and come forward when I start the ignition

OK, so there is power. Second then, if you listen carefully when you do try to move it, do you hear any click or noise from the seat? Also if you push the button forward, does it move backwards? (this is an odd glitch that can happen. )

The wiring is broken I connected the orange wire to a post and it just clicked a little but no forward movement
the seat itself doesn't move just the back rest

Ok, understood., Is this the main battery wiring to the seat or the wiring to that specific motor?

Sorry for the 20 questions, just getting a full scope of your concern and the circumstances.

Sorry but I have no mechanical skills, The seat is i bad shape

Is the wiring that is broken at the front of the seat or the back '

the front where you move it back and forth

OK, if you can see the seat wiring, the black should go to ground and the red to power, then you can make it go back. IF for some reason it is not moving then reverse the wires, red to ground and black to power. If that does not make it move then there is a mechanical fault with the seat motor and track assembly and it will not move electronically and will need to be replaced.

Is the red and black wiring located at the rear left side of the drivers seat

IT will be towards the very front of the seat and the motor it goes to will extend side to side.

ok, I will go and give that a try

OK.

i disconnected a wire from the motor which had a red,black, and blue wire. what should have happened after that

IF you connected the wires to battery power and ground as I mentioned and nothing happens, then the motor assembly is faulty as I mentioned and is in need of replacement.

where do you connect it to battery power, is there some other port I should have placed it in because I only disconnected it. where do I find battery port

You can use the orange to the seat at the back and ground can be the seat frame itself.

ok

Any luck/.

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic