Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 GMC Acadia that when you put gas in the car

Customer Question

I have a 2007 GMC Acadia that when you put gas in the car you have to leave the car running or the car will not turn back on. This started after the transmision was installed under warranty. Do you know what the problem could be. We just spent $600.00 this week fixing everything that was wrong. Now another $100 to fix this problem. Thank you, ***** ***** Ashland, VA.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am real sorry your having all these problems

when this would not start up for you would the engine physically crank over and not fire up or the engine would not physically crank over at all ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would crank and then my husband put down the gas pedal or either it did it . It makes a lot of loud noise to. Acts like it is going to die and then starts running.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

and once it started up and cleared out it was fine ? then if you shut it off again the same problem ?

is the check engine light on when driving it or at idle ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It stays on all the time unless the mechanic checks it out. It will come back on in last than hour. I'm working as we message. Can't talk right now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I leave at 4:00 and I don't have a phone to my ear as I drive. Gosh. I didn't charge anything that time i told the appliance answer and question how to fix their dishwasher.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. If you can't answer it by now, you don't know the answer and I lost $32 . Good by. Kathryn
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

are you near a Pep Boys or Auto Zone ?

if you are can you swing in and have them read the codes for you

they will do this for free and if you can tell me the code number set i will know what the problem area is

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

these type of issues usually boil down to vacuum leaks or a loose connector or possibly a mistake from the transmission install

as it seems a lot of these problems came about after the transmission work was done

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?