GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

2006 gmc topkick
, 2006 GMC Topkick - druise control is

Customer Question
Customer: 2006 gmc topkick JA...
Customer: 2006 gmc topkick
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2006 GMC Topkick - druise control is not working, PTO will engage but idle speed remains at low idle.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to GM Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
10/19/2015
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a scan tool that will communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.I have seen before where this is shorted or damaged wiring on the engine usually on top of the engine that smashes down when the hood is closed and needs repaired.I would check for damaged wiring needing repaired and if this is o.k. have the fault codes checked in all computers to see what codes are set and let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Pete, GMC Mechanic