Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500... I replaced the fuel filter, fuel

Customer Question

2003 GMC Yukon XL 1500... I replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump and fuel pump relay. Before doing all of that, someone ran it out of gas and it wouldn't start again with new gas. So, over the past few days, I have replaced the items listed. Now, I'm not getting any spark to the fuel pump. The pump isn't running at all. I checked the fuses in the fuse boxes. I checked the ground connections. I can't seem to find any inline fuses anywhere. No spark. I don't know what to check next. Any pointers? I'm afraid it could be the ECM but I'm not sure I can test it to see if that's the problem. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

do you have a multi meter on hand ?

can you remove the fuel pump relay and with the key OFF does one of the terminals in the box show 12 volts ? if so then when cranking it over will another terminal show 12 volts when cranking it over ?