Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

2012 GMC Yukon- Sudden problem in instrument cluster- ABS

Customer Question

2012 GMC Yukon- Sudden problem in instrument cluster- ABS light on, gas gauge not working. All others appear to be working correctly.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.

Did these issues occur at the same time or did these start to occur at different times?

Have you had fault codes checked in all computers at all to see what any of the codes are that are setting?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just happened, happened at the same time. Have not done anything yet.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,the first check here is make sure the AUX HVAC 10 amp fuse in the under hood fuse box is o.k. (if your model here is equipped with auxiliary heating and ac).If this is o.k. the most common cause for the ABS light and the gas gauge suddenly failing is usually a fault in the instrument cluster itself.The circuit board can fail or short out in some cases and can cause this here needing removed and repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced to correct this.I have seen this cluster fail several times before for issues like this here.The cost will vary but can run anywhere from $350 to $700 in some cases and the instrument cluster will have to be programmed by a GM dealer when it is replaced or repaired in almost every case.

I would have the fault codes checked with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see if any codes have set and if any have set they will need diagnosed and this will help pinpoint if the cluster needs repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.