Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Recently we purchased a used 2008 GMC Canyon with a split

Customer Question

Recently we purchased a used 2008 GMC Canyon with a split seat. It has a 2.9 ltr, engine with extended cab. There are two small doors in the rear. . However, my wife needs an armrest for her left arm while sitting in the passenger side and adjustable seat backs, which this model does not have. Is there a replacement seat which we could purchase? If so, where?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
When you say it is a split seat, do you mean a bench style split seat or are they actually front bucket seats(individual)
I also need to know if it has airbags in the front passenger side seat. You can look underneath it for a bright yellow wiring harness connector. If there, then it has either a seat occupancy sensor pad or airbag.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is an airbag on the passenger side. This is a split style bench seat. Probably 60/40, with the driver's side being the larger. This is a Canyon SL model. Automatic with shift on the column and a pedal operated emergency brake. We had a Ford Ranger of similar design but it had a fold down arm rest between the seats. That's what we're hoping to obtain. I hoped perhaps a Chevy S-10 or such might have some kind of seat configuration that might work...and would bolt in. We're senior citizens and comfort is important.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, not sure if there is anything that will work, but let me look thru my interchange books and then check available seats that match what you are looking for and see if they have correct bolt pattern and wiring for the airbag - give me about an hour with this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric,
We had to go to town. Did you get a chance to review an interchange book to see if another seat with the features we want, primarily an arm rest, might bolt in. Maybe you've answered this but I can't find the answer. Thanks! Pat
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I have gone thru all my sources, catalogues and suppliers and cannot find one that will fit and has the arm rest you are wanting.
I will opt out and see if another expert knows of one that would fit and meet your requirements
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric,I'm trying to select a star rating but I "ain't" getting anywhere. How do I make it work? I appreciate your help and would like to indicate same. Pat