GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

I have 97 gmc 2500 pickup with no clutch pressure

Customer Question
i have 97 gmc 2500 pickup with no clutch pressure
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
9/15/2015
GMC Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

I am sorry for the long wait

with the clutch cap off and the rubber seal out and the small master filled with fluid it still will not bleed out a good stream of fluid out of the slave bleeder when bleeding ?

you mean the rubber seal on cap if so no only a small amount at first then lost what little clutch pressure there was
that is correct
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

ok i just wanted to be sure the rubber part was not blocking any fluid i have had them fall inside the master and did not see it and filled it with fluid and the fluid could not get through becuase it was blocking the fluid hold

if that is not the case and you can not get fluid out when bleeding or much at all the clutch master cylinder is not making pressure

what does this mean

if you are not getting hydrolic fluid pressure to the slave or out of the slave the clutch master cylinder is bad

and the clutch master cylinder will need to be changed

if you had good fluid pressure out of the slave and no or very little slave rod movement then the slave cylinder would be bad

this didn't help

lets see if another expert can help

hang on another expert will reply back to you

GMC Mechanic: JFN1, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician

You replaced the clutch master and you still don't have any pressure at the slave?

I was able to use pressure bleed to correct the problem. None of the answer on just answer helped. Thanks though I would like a refund.
JFN1
JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician