GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

2001 gmc 't have the code security system

Customer Question
2001 gmc don't have the...
2001 gmc don't have the code for the security system
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
9/10/2015
GMC Mechanic: Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

Hi there, If this is the ignition system, the relearn is listed below.

Turn the key on and attempt to start the car, It may crank, it may start and stall or it may do nothing at all, this is fine, still cycle the key to start then release the key back to run.
Wait 10 minutes with the key in run. The passlock light should be flashing and the DIC will say "Service Vehicle" or "Security" or have a picture of a car with a lock during that 10 minute span.
After 10 minutes has passed, turn off the car, count to 10, and try to start it again and release the key back to run.
Wait another 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, turn car off 10 seconds and try to start again and release the key to run.
Wait another 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, turn car off 10 seconds and try to start again.
It should start up this time. The passlock has been learned.

During this process, turn the fans off, radio off and cycle the headlights off so the battery will not go dead. If needed, use a battery charger.

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic