Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 1999 GMC Jimmy SLT with the Computer Climate

Customer Question

I have a 1999 GMC Jimmy SLT with the Computer Climate Control with AC, and I just changed out the Radiator because the side tank started leaking, all went well with that but when I started it up the air blend door cycles back and forth from cold to hot even though the temp dial is set to coldest setting, then after a while it just stays at max heat, I did remove the battery cable when I changed the Radiator so all the presets would be reset, maybe that screwed up the Climate module, Anyway I have since put in a Brand new Air blend Door actuator and also a Brand New Computer Climate Control Module and it still does same thing max heat and at first Air blend door cycles then stays full heat, My question is there an Air temp sensor somewhere in the system that tells the Computer Climate Module how hot ,or cold, the air coming out of the Ducts IS?, Could that be Bad? dont know what else to try at this point
Category: GMC
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
There is a discharge air temperature sensor, located in the ductwork directly behind the radio, so you will need to remove the radio to access it.
There is also an ambient temperature sensor located on the right radiator support bracket. If this was left unplugged or damaged during the repair, it can affect the climate control panel settings as it can cause the ac to cut off due to incorrect temp reading.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks