Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Automotive repair business.
7276279

My 2008 GMC Sierra back up assist is not working properly.

Customer Question

My 2008 GMC Sierra back up assist is not working properly. the lights in the cab works and it does occasional beep but it is not detecting obstacles. How do I trouble shof.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

.Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to begin to know what is failing with you back up assist system the first thing you are going to need to do is use a capable scanner and check trouble codes. If you can get this done and post back with the fault codes and or codes we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will go to auto zone and have them check the codes . The problem started after snow and bad weather. I appreciate your help thank you . Kaz I never thought I would like this feature as much as A do I want it back.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay see if you can get me a fault code and we can work from there.