Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

I have an 08 yukon, and when I press the lock and unlock

Customer Question

I have an 08 yukon, and when I press the lock and unlock button, I here a clicking noise near the fuse box area in the car
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This clicking noise is most likely one or more relays clicking.If the door locks are not working with this noise here let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the door locks are not working
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Are they not working to lock and unlock the vehicle or just one of these issues?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The locks don't go up or down
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
O.k.,most common to fail and cause this here is the BCM (body control module) as it isn't sending the correct data signals to lock and unlock the doors.In order for this to be replaced unfortunately a dealer has to program a new one into your vehicle after replacement.A used one is already programmed to a different model.
Below are two links to diagrams on your model with the PCB relay and BCM signals to the lock actuators.If this was the relay at fault the front door locks would still operate and since they are not I suspect the BCM is at fault.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d42hynkvu1fyheb/b-08-13.gif?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0u2fyjxd31cwp4/bc-08-13.gif?dl=0
Thanks Pete