GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

2004 GMC Yukon Seatbelt, ABS and Bat light on. Gauges do not

Customer Question
work along with the radio...
2004 GMC Yukon Seatbelt, ABS and Bat light on. Gauges do not work along with the radio or windows and power locks. Only drivers window works. Disconnect battery and reconnect everything works. This is the third time this has happened. Any Suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
8/4/2015
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Check for any loose or corroded battery connections at the battery as well as to where the cables run and connect to including fuse panels.If an issue is found with a loose,damaged or corroded cable this will cause this issue here needing repaired.
If this is all found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete
already checked
Do you have a way to check fault codes at all to see if any codes are set in all computers in the vehicle?
Used a scan tool no codes shown
Was this scan tool one that could communicate with the body control computer as some only communicate with the engine and brake systems?
Let me know,thanks Pete.
Its a full scan tool from the auto shop where I teach( I teach computers and networking not auto)
Do you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical with?
have both
Any Sugestions?
In your interior dash fuse panel there is a 25 amp LOCKS fuse.Test and see if this fuse has power at all times across it with the key on or off and let me know.
Thanks Pete
Pete, GMC Mechanic