edhunt0r
edhunt0r, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM B Tech ASE Certified Master Tech ASE Certified Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician New Jersey
15093763

GM Silverado: . I need a speed sensor signal salt spreader

Customer Question

Hi. I need a speed sensor signal for a salt spreader control any idea for this hook up?
Category: GMC
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I can give you the wiring for the speed sensor, but don't know what type of signal the spreader is looking for.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I can look up correct info?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Vin # 1GB3KYCG6FZ537432
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 2 years ago.
The speed sensors are located onside the transmission and directly connected to the transmission control module which is in the transmission pan.You will need to contact the Manufacturer of the spreader to see if the have a way to adapt to newer vehicles that don't have access to the speed sensors.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a wiring diagram that says there is a dark green wire for vehicle speed out put , but cannot locate this wire
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 2 years ago.
Let me do some research and I will get back to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dennis, Any luck yet?
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I was in an area with poor internet. And the system had me locked out. Your vehicle had a design change. Below is an explanation of the change.Your RPO is: AVF - **UNIT BUILT AFTER AUG 14,2014MYD - 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION NQF - ELECTRONIC SHIFT TRANSFER CASE The RPO-AVF designation was used interim 2015 MY to provide a break-point for a variety of changes that occurred for K-truck applications. The transfer case digital speed sensor change is just one of many within the RPO-AVF designation. Refer to applicable service bulletins for additional information.Interim 2015 model year for Magna HD NQF and NQG transfer case applications with Duramax engine and Allison transmission (RPO-MW7), a NEW design digital speed sensor (4) is to be implemented.Non-AVF applications will continue to use the threaded-into-the-rear case design speed sensor (1). Applications with RPO AVF will include a non-threaded push-into-the-bore design speed sensor (4) that is retained by a bolt (3).To differentiate between digital speed sensor (4) and non-digital speed sensor (1) applications, the RPO AVF is used to identify digital sensor applications. Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)There is a VSS mounted to the transfer case on the rear output shaft. The VSS is a PM generator. The PM generator produces an AC voltage. The AC voltage and frequency increases as speed increases. The VSS is an input to the powertrain control module (PCM). The PCM sends this information to the transfer case shift control module via the GM LAN serial data bus.
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 2 years ago.
Wires are:VT/WH Vehicle Speed Sensor Signal BK/L-GN Vehicle Speed Sensor Low Reference
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle. Thanks Dan Please take the time to leave feedback and rate my service for my response to your problem. I don't get paid unless you rate my service. Thank you for posting your question. Your business is very valuable to us.
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.
Thanks
Please take the time to leave feedback and rate my service for my response to your problem. I don't get paid unless you rate my service.
Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 2 years ago.
Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.
Thanks
Thank you for posting your question. Your business is very valuable to us.
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Daniel, I appoligize for not getting back to you. I was in a rush for this information an when I did not hear from you till 10:46 pm . I already had the issue taken care of through a GM upfitter site. As you know time is not on our side in repair and new install. What I am saying is ,I thought the information would have gotten to me sooner. I am not a happy User of your web site. Thankyou, Scott
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Sorry for the delay in getting you the proper info, I was in an area with limited cell service and internet service for awhile.
I usually don't take that long to respond to customers. Did you finally get it working?
Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.