GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

I have a new 2015 GMC Yukon Denali xp my boat trailer is

Customer Question
equipped with a great breaking...
I have a new 2015 GMC Yukon Denali xp my boat trailer is equipped with a great breaking system (electric over hydronic ). The biult in break actuator has been set to the Max Gain . After applying the break pedal the delay is far to long aprox 3 sec, Please
note I have already installed the recommended resistance block in line on the break Circuit (blue wire ) before the pump on the trailer. Applying the trailer breaks manually in the cab they work great but delay this needs to be eliminated so I also installed
a electric break magnet inline along with the resistor box to increase the load hoping this will speed up the brake actuator
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
Hi I've been towing my flat bed trailer today it's got 4 standard electric drum breaks . Same gmc but this trailer stops right away no delay. Some one at GM has to know?
7/23/2015
GMC Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
That's great let's find out how to get the breaks to engage without delay. The company is Cargo Towing Solutions this is the sheet included instructions this. HBA-CAM puts a load on the blue circuit this will tur on the pins. Info on the electric over hydronic break modulehttps://join.hdhoney.com/?affid=
Chris do understand the reason for the delay? I do it's because the breaks aren't working nipow.
Wow scub that sorry it's because the hydronic pump drops much less amperage than the standard electric break siliniod
We're going to pull the boat to lake mead yesterday now there's no breaks.
Are you still getting the answers for me? If you manually depress the break the pump still dosnt get run over
Since the electronic brake control works another trailer just fine, then its not the truck to blame, its the trailer. My suggestion, is to tap into the blue wire at the trailer connector with a volt meter set to monitor DC volts to see if there is a delay in the voltage being sent and ramped up. If there is a delay then its the fact there is not enough electric load on the circuit. If the voltage is not delaying, then its the hydraulic pump nad cylinder on the trailer that is taking to long to apply the brakes. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Wrong # ***** I'm at(###) ###-####
Unfortunately that is not the case remember electric brake actuator feel a pulse from the magnet magnets in the braking system of the trailer my boat trailer does not have metmagnets it has a hydraulic pump the pump does not draw enough amperage for the controller or brake actuator to engage or emit voltage please note I've included theHE a a B a C a MS and adapt module I installing already still a delay Remember I can manually squeeze the break controler switch and the breaks operate instantly. Call me(###) ###-####
I do not do phone calls.Do you want to pay more, and get back on the list and wait for another.
No because your diagnosis makes no sense you don't understand the system you don't know electric over hydraulic brakes you don't know what the module from cargo towing solutions is doing did you look at the wiring diagram I sent you their address if you did you would know what I'm tripping to do.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Since you feel like I am not tech that can diagnose this then I will opt out and let another help you. Best of luck.
Good morning this problem has been a tarible bummer not to mention a very giant hazard . This truck is new the trailer is 4 yrs old nothing has changed it the trailer , I towed this trailer with a 2013 GMC Yukon Almost the same truck but it's not . This new truck won't turn the breaks on in a timely manner
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician