Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  have owned a repair shop for 25 years
14541291

GM Yukon Denali xl: I have a 2004 Yukon Denali xl that just

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Yukon Denali xl that just started running terrible and the throttle stopped working for awhile it was also stalling but restarted each time. Now the throttle works but has a definite misfire. I have 5 codes p2108 TAC control module, U0107 lost com with TAC, p1516 TAC module position performance, p1010 mask air flow and p0300 random misfire. Where do I start?
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has had several random occasions in the last 6 months that the throttle would not work for a split second on slow acceleration.
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youremove the intake air duct and clean the inside of the throttle body and the mass air flow sensor with carb cleaner,sometimes these will get dirty with black soot and cause this problem with the tac..next,tune it up,new plugs and plug wires,clear the computer codes after thisthanksIf you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have seen a dirty throttle body cause idle problems but on Saturday when I had the problem (it was 90 degrees outside) the throttle stopped working. There was about a half hour when the throttle did nothing. Idle only. I shut it off for a couple hours to go get a trailer when I got back the throttle worked again but it still ran rough with flashing check engine light. I will put in plugs and wires but I'm afraid something else may be wrong.
it is going into reduced power ..try the cleaning of the tac and the maf,,,if that doesnt fix the problem,i would think it will need a new throttle body..i think the miss is from the plugs and wiresthanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I put in plugs and wires that took care of the miss, the throttle body was not very dirty but I cleaned it anyway. I drove it about 75 miles last night and it did the delay on the throttle one time. For a period of about 1 second the throttle did nothing and I noticed that on the driver information center it displayed traction active. There are no codes in the computer.
okclean the maf sensor also..the truck may straigten up now,,if not,you may need to replace the throttle bodythanksIf you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.