GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

GMC sierra 1500*****pickup: 1995 gmc sierra 1500 5.7 L

Customer Question
1995 gmc sierra 1500 5.7...
1995 gmc sierra 1500 5.7 L*****PUSH THE BRK PEDDLE DOWN N THE CAR DIES DISCONNECT THE COMBINAtion switch n it does not do it my number(###) ###-####*****@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
7/17/2015
GMC Mechanic: Tims Auto Repair, GMC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, GMC Mechanic
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youfirst make sure the battery is good and the alternator is charging,but i would thinkyou need to replace the combination switch,the brake lamps are wired through this switch[it seperates the brake lamps from the turn signals]..it would seem that you have a bad signal light switch and it will need to be replaced..it was common for this year model to have the combination switch burn outthanksIf you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic