GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

We have a 02 GMC Sonoma with 4.3 engine that has had the Fuel

Customer Question
We have a 02 GMC...
We have a 02 GMC Sonoma with 4.3 engine that has had the Fuel Pump replaced and Spider Injector Cluster Replaced. The vehicle still will only start when have carb cleaner sprayed into the throttle body.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
7/14/2015
GMC Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
I am sorry for the long waitcan you unplug the big connector on top of the fuel injector and there are 12 terminals in that connector you unplugged with the key ON do 6 show 12 volts ?if so then connect your test light to a confirmed good 12 volts at the battery and when cranking it over do the other 6 blink your test light bulb when cranking it over ?
Working on that test right now!
ok nu rushalso when you have the key on and are cranking it what is the security / theft light doing ?
We have a friend that works for our local chevy dealer and he had ruled out the theft system when he stopped over before we did the spider cluster, but he is on vacation now that we have installed the spider cluster
ok if your 100 % sure the theft system is NOT the issue then do that test with the test light and tell me if you missing the 6 showing 12 volts with the key on or the 6 are not blinking a ground
All 6 injector pulses were lighting with a noid light
key ON engine OFF what is the fuel pressure at the fuel test port drivers side rear of the engine near the distributor ?
60 psi
and this will run on starting fluid ? with 60 PSI of fuel pressure and 6 terminals showing 12 volts and 6 blinking when cranking it over ?
Yes, it will
6 where blinking a ground when cranking it over ?if so if you unplug the 2 wire engine coolant temp sensor will it start up ? if not plug that back in and unplug the TPS will it run ?
if it will not run we need to take a fuel sample in a glass jar and fill it up over 1/2 way and then let it sit for 10 minutes do you see any separation at all ?gas will float on top of waterif it has fuel pressure and a good pulse and will run on starting fluid and NO codes set and unplugging the ECT and TPS it will not run either the fuel in contaminated with water or something OR the injection spider is bad
We tried to unplug the 2 wire engine coolant temp senor and would not start and we plugged it back in and unplugged the TPS and did not run.
if it has fuel pressure and a good pulse and will run on starting fluid and NO codes set and unplugging the ECT and TPS it will not run either the fuel in contaminated with water or something OR the injection spider is badcheck the fuel like i said if its 100 % good then pull the upper intake and pop out the injectors out of the intake and when cranking it over do you see fuel pulse out of the injectors good ?
also please make sure the injectors are in the correct cylinders
Gary
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician