Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

Gmc classic duramax 6.6: have 2007 gmc duramx classic went

Customer Question

have 2007 gmc duramx classic went to store got back in truck no ac.worked fine and great before i turned it off compressor not coming on weird, check all fuses and everything good was blowing good also. know no compressor coming on just blows hot what do you think
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, I am Cam. I am sorry to hear about this issue. Lets see what we can do. First off I would like to get your first name. Second I would like to bypass the relay and apply power directly to the compressor to see if the compressor runs. Remove the AC relay and using a small wire, jumper the pins 30 to 87 using the pin numbers located on the bottom of the relay. They are opposite corners to each other. See if the compressor comes on and reply back to me with your results.