Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

Gmc yukon: 2007 Yukon xl wouldn't start. jumped it, but since

Customer Question

2007 Yukon xl wouldn't start. jumped it, but since it has had a sluggish start by not cranking over right away, and going uphill it started losing power and didn't respond when accelerated. Also, the car is sluggish for the first couple miles after sitting for a while until it warms up I guess.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For about the past 6 months it has been sluggish in the mornings or after sitting for long periods without use. Usually within a couple miles it is fine and has all the power without that sluggish acceleration. The wife let the car battery die on a camping trip and had it jumped. While heading to the trip she notices sluggish acceleration and what she thought was power loss. Since the trip and the jump it has continued with a hard start requiring 5-6 seconds of cranking before it finally cranks over, and sometimes multiple attempts to start the car before it finally starts. Driving around town hasn't been a problem with any noticeable power loss other that the first couple miles after a cold start. The only power loss was a significant power loss while driving uphill recently. was traveling about 50 mph when the power drop was significant, it didn't respond to the gas pedal, and the car dropped all the way to about 25 mph before it suddenly regained its power and surged up the hill just fine, but then went through a similar event seconds later but not as severe. once we were on flat ground again it was not a problem. Also during that drive dropping into 2nd gear was a heavy surging drop into 2nd at around 20 mph every time. I have not since that drive experienced the hard drop into 2nd. I am also thinking I heard a loud clunk from beneath the car during either one of the drops into 2nd or during the power loss going up the hill. I can not recall which.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like low fuel pressure due to a weak fuel pump or restricted fuel filter.This will cause this type of fault here.If you have not had the fuel system tested this needs done and if a fuel issue is found it will need resolved to correct this issue.
Thanks Pete