Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

Marc, I have no advance on a 1988 GMC 350 small block 550

Customer Question

Hi Marc, I have no advance on a 1988 GMC 350 small block 550 rpm 14 deg 2500 rpm 14 deg no advance
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect and make sure your electronic timing wire is connected.This is usually a tan or brown one wire connection located near the top of the carpet on the passenger side behind the glove box area or under the hood on the firewall at the relays.If an issue is found it will need to be repaired to correct this here.if this is found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete