Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

GM 97x: I have a 2007 saab 97x 5.3l, once cylinder deactivation

Customer Question

I have a 2007 saab 97x 5.3l, once cylinder deactivation kicks in it kicks right back out about 2 seconds later. I've hooked up my snap on solus pro and watch live data and everything looks normal. I looked at the reasons for disable on the scan tool and it says the reason is map low. Once this sets, it throws a p0106 and eventually a p3400 I've gone through all the steps in alldata for the map sensor and everything looks normal. Checked for vacuum leaks and there are none present. Any ideas?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you have not had an exhaust back pressure test done I would see if you have excessive back pressure.In some cases excessive back pressure can cause this here with map codes setting.Also check the mass air flow and see if it needs cleaned as this can sometimes cause this as well.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already cleaned the maf twice. I will pull a o2 sensor and do a test and will let you know.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
O.k.,let me know how this turns out here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did the back pressure test and both banks were good (1-2 pis)
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Was this pressure at idle and with the engine revved up?