GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

GM Sierra: I have an 88 GMC Sierra service engine soon light

Customer Question
I have an 88 GMC...
I have an 88 GMC Sierra service engine soon light will flash as you drive down the highway and the engine will stumble or hesitate for a few seconds then clear up,go another few miles and do it again back and forth on off on off but won't store a code. Have replaced all sensors,plugs,wires,distributor cap,rotor,and the shaft itself,coil, and rebuilt throttle body can you help I'm at a loss and getting frustrated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
Answered in 6 days by:
7/6/2015
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I have seen in some cases where low/weak fuel pressure can cause this type of fault here due to a plugged fuel filter or weak fuel pump.If you have not had the fuel pressure tested and the fuel system checked I would have this done to see if fuel is the cause here.
Thanks Pete
Pete, GMC Mechanic