sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

GMC Envoy SLT: I have a 07 envoy no sound checked fuse under

Customer Question

I have a 07 envoy no sound checked fuse under hood, and under rear seat... all good any ideas
Category: GMC
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!
The problem could be with the radio but it's more likely to be with the amplifier. Signal goes from the radio to the amp and then from the amp to the speakers, if the amp isn't operating then there will be no sound.
A scan tool should really be used to communicate with the radio and amp to begin diagnosis. Odd are the amp isn't awake if there is no sound. If it isn't then it's powers and grounds will need to be tested to ensure there isn't a wiring issue, but if fuses are good and the amp isn't awake then odds are the amp as failed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You were. It was the amp. Thank you.
You're welcome!