Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years
19513769

GMC Sierra 1500: I was driving hit a big dip in the foad. It

Customer Question

I was driving hit a big dip in the foad. It shut off the gas. Im pulled over now in the rain. It had to be a fuwl shutoff switch
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
these Chevy trucks never used a fuel cut off switch in themusually if you hit a dip or big bump and the truck shuts down and will physically crank over and not fire up it usually is a connection at the top of the fuel tank to the fuel pump or a bad fuel pumpyou can visually check each fuse in the under hood fuse box to see if any are blownyou would need to do some tests to confirm this or see if it at least will run on starting fluid which would show you were missing fuel if it runs on starting fluidbut right now stuck in the rain on the side of the road there is not anything you can do or anything to reset other than see if its missing sprak or fuel i am sorry to say