Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

GMC 6.2 diesel one ton flat bed: I have a 1982 GMC 6.2 diesel.

Customer Question

I have a 1982 GMC 6.2 diesel. The glow plugs are not working: no glow plug light, no clicking from relay. Have replaced the selenoid relay and sensor. Also, the starter won't turn over when key is activated and clutch in, but the starter is good.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This may be a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself needing replaced.I have seen this switch fail before in the past and had to replace it for this issue here.If you have not had this switch tested this should be done and if found to be the cause it will need replaced.
Thanks Pete