GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

GMC Sierra 1500: 2001 sierra dies when i get off the gas replaced…

Customer Question
2001 sierra dies when i...
2001 sierra dies when i get off the gas replaced mas throttle body sensor injectors why does it cut off when i let off the gas
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: GMC
6/25/2015
GMC Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Remove the IAC solenoid (idle air control) and see if the hole has carbon buildup in it and also on the end of the solenoid. They tend to get carboned up and wont close making it run way too lean like a vacuum leak and it wont idle. It's mounted to the throttle body. See below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/iac.PNG
Larry
If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.
Did you have eny further questions? If not,please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you.
Larry