Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

GMC Suburban K15/K1500 4x4: I have a 1999 GMC Suburban. The

Customer Question

I have a 1999 GMC Suburban. The trailer connector shorted out and now the engine will not run. When you turn the key the pump works the injectors cycle it will fire then die right away. It will do the same thing all day long.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hey Moose, I am still hoping that you can help me out. I have check fuel flow and pressure and both are very good. Another thing is that if I pour fuel down the air intake it will continue to run. it just seems for some reason to shut off the injectors after the initial cycle. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated!

The computer uses a signal from the cam sensor to know when to pulse the injectors. Is the computer getting an accurate CMP signal? Do the injectors have power with the key on?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris