Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

GMC Sierra 1500 Classic SLT: My 06 Sierra crew cab rear passenger

Customer Question

My 06 Sierra crew cab rear passenger window does not work. I have replaced the passenger switch, the main drivers switch & still doesn't,t work. Window operates when I put 12 v directly to window motor. Any suggestions.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will try this one more time. 2006 GMC Sierra slt 1500 crew cab. The rear passenger window does not operate. I do hear a relay clicking at the rear door when I try to operate. I have replaced the rear window switch and the main master switch on the drivers door. I have applied 12v to the rear door and the motor does work. What is the probable issue?
Hi
Check these wires at the rear window switch while sill plugged in back probing the connector wires.
orange power with the key on
black ground
brown ground
dark blue ground
Light Blue, does it change value when using the window lock out on/off
I feel like your switch is missing power or ground from a wire issue possibly in the door jam. When you press down does the brown or dark blue wire now show power?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris