GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

GMC C15703: I have a 2001 gmc sierra six cylinder side step…

Customer Question
I have a 2001 gmc...
I have a 2001 gmc sierra six cylinder side step box. Once in a while, for no apparent reason it seems to flood itself when trying to start. Sit and wait for ten minutes and it starts. This problem has been ongoing for some time and has caused some very embarrassing moments. any ideas that might cure this problem. I have had this truck since brand new and I am very attached to it.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: GMC
6/2/2015
GMC Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing could be caused by dirty and sticking injectors. Due to the age of the truck I would consider with having your injectors professionally cleaned and see if this resolves the problem you are having. Give this a try and let me know if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there.