GMC

GMC troubleshooting questions? Ask a mechanic for answers

GM Yukon XL: I installed an aftermarket stereo in my 2007 yukon…

Customer Question
I installed an aftermarket stereo...
I installed an aftermarket stereo in my 2007 yukon and when I turn on the rear seat entertainment, I get a loud audio buzz ( Like a ground loop or lose ground)
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: GMC
5/29/2015
GMC Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
A poor ground connection can cause engine feedback through the radio. Ty duplicating this with the engine not running. If it occurs with the engine off, then I suspect you replacement is not combatable with the remainder of the audio system or the amp will not wire in correctly to the aftermarket radio.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris