GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

I have a2004 gmc sierra 1500 on star should be disconnected

Customer Question
could it have come on...
I have a2004 gmc sierra 1500 on star should be disconnected could it have come on by it self moter shots off while driving In about five min. it starts up again seems to have no power to start no elec.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
Answered in 1 day by:
5/27/2015
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The On star won't cause a stall out and no electrical power for a no start issue like you see on your model here,what can cause this fault though that I have seen several times before in the past is the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch act up to where it doesn't send the correct voltage signals intermittently and can shut down the vehicle like this as well as cause no electrical power to certain electrical components.
If you have not had this switch tested to see if this is a component at fault here this needs done.If found to be the cause it will need replaced.
Thanks Pete
Pete, GMC Mechanic