Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

GM arcadi: im Larry Im having big problems with a wrecked

Customer Question

Hello im Larry Im having big problems with a wrecked 2014 gmc arcadia denali i purchased not any engine damage during wrteck slight fram damage on front but any way it has the 3.6 v6 i have had it in several shops and each tell me somthing differant one says its blown up then they tell me its the converters onw mecanic removed the converter that in the middle of the car and welded a straight pipe in still same thing the engine will run great for 10 mins but the longer it runs the worse it gets before it dies not to start again for atleaset 3 to 4 hrs and when it does start i can push the gas pedal and it hesitates to reve up once it dies and you try to start it back up it act as if its out of time kind of like it trys to start but wont i did buy a computer and put on it and the codes i got are p0155 p0152 p0050 p0024 p0021 p0011 im thinking i got some of these because of the converter being gone now this car has been to dealership twice then to other shops the last few time and everytime its some differant answer hope u can help me out with this not sure what else to try o also i removed the o2 sensors it the top of the converters to see if maybe they were clogged up but still wouldnt start and my faith is gone in the dealership i think they are trying to pawn me off being it was purchased as a wreck also i checked everywire i could on it no cuts or broken wires this has been going on for a year now it has 3000 miles on motor what started this is i left home for a trip in it and 50 miles down the road it was like someone reach up and turned the key off on it no missing or anything i also remiber the gauges went a little hay wire and when i would turn the key to the on position it would roll over on its own and thats about all i can tell u so far
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
The first thing we need to do, is check the fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse. Then drive the vehicle for 10 minutes and once it stalls, do the exact same tests again to see what is missing. Once I know that information I can diagnose this for you.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The car was in the shop several times with this same problem and one of them did do a fuel test on it I think it came back good but then again I been getting screwed over by them I'm a little inclined on some thing just I don't have most equipment to do some tests I can probley rent them if need be. I had a friend say something about checking the cam sensor ? Also u said to drive it. It can't be drivin it doesn't have enough power to pull itsself I can hold it flat on floor and it will only get to 3000 rpm before it dies
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I started the car again this morning and i got some codes on it they are p0506 p2228 p0011 p0017 p0021 i looked them up online and they all are saying camshaft sensor . Can this be a cause of the problems im describing like i sayed before once it dies it will not start back for atleast 2 or 3 hours no matter what i try. I contacted the mecanic that worked on it the last time and he said he done a fuel pressure test and it was good . He didnt give me any other info than that other than he thinks its blown up because when you give it gas it clatters kind of sounds like a spark knock Is there anyway for me to post a video of what its doing on here ? From my experiance which isnt much tells me its not thank you
Hi
Video would help, upload one to you tube and get me the link
I can provide the diag for these codes but it would seem useless to do so, since your not the one doing the car tests and repairs.
A cam sensor can cause a no start and running issue but its failure would be one or the other and not intermittent. I am not sold on it needing an engine unless compression has been tested and is low or inconsistent across the cylinders.